Friday, April 26, 2013

Wednesday Sketch Challenge

This week's  Sketch Challenge at The Outlawz is a fun one to work with and my DT Sisters created some awesome inspiration with the sketch below:




For my card, I used a Penny Black stamp which I have had for awhile but was a little intimidated about coloring.  I must say that after I stamped it on Xpress It paper, I noticed that on the back of the packaging, there was an example in color.  Why had I not noticed before that  PB took my angst right away in how to color this gorgeous flower?  The glitz in the flowers is from Hero Arts, which I also had not used before.


 
I also have two cards to share which I created for the Hero Arts Scramble last Friday.  This Scramble was to create a one layer sympathy card.  For the first card, I attached the layer to a mat and it actually looks like there are two layers because of the way I masked the area where I sponged Distress Inks.  So, for the second card, I actually did the sponging on the card itself.  This was a real stretch for me to create two cards plus post them in 90 minutes....perhaps if I keep trying the Scrambles, I will be able to be quicker in my card making???  Well, I can only hope.....  The cards created for the challenge were wonderful and it amazes me that such beauties can be made in such a short time.





My last card is one which I created for a special SIL, who shares my love of tea and things tea related.  Here's to you, June, and may we go enjoy "teatime" very soon!




So, it has been a fun week of making cards, even if it took a week to get them posted!











3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning Pat! I really love the coloring on the Tiger Lily and I also love the sponging technique you used on the Sympathy cards...they are both very elegant.

    The "Tea" card is amazing...and such a sweet card -- I'll be you SIL was very pleased!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your cards are beautifull Pat love all the flowers images......hey you were in Muenchen(Munich) ooh dear I am living in Munich too...if I know it we can managed to meet together...when do you want to visit Munich again just tell me...here the stamp store is not so much like in USA we have only one and only www.stempeloase.de but not so complete like in USA..sometimes my stamp is old fashion hihi....thanks for visiting my Blog...what is your flickr name?

    ReplyDelete