Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Summer Camp 2

The last three weeks I have been attending Summer Camp.   This is an online class taught by Jennifer McGuire and Kristina Werner as well as many awesome guest instructors.   I have taken several of their classes before and have really enjoyed them, plus learned much from each class.  Before class began, we had a challenge to create a card with colors which I don't normally choose when I make my cards.  It was surely a stretch for me to try these, but ended up liking the color combination in the end. 



The colors in these really are not showing up as they look in real life.....white, light grey, dark grey, aqua and peach.

Here are some of the cards which I have made for our homework assignments.  The first one is simple, but effective.



The next card is a circular one, so different and fun!


I enjoyed making this little owl card as well.  It was
 created with the color combination suggested for the second week of class--cream, light blue, green and brown.  I stamped the owl on water color paper which I applied Distress Inks and water to before stamping.




Finally, my last card is the first Christmas card I have made this year.  Yep, actually a card for the holidays in July....that may be a first for me!  Since many of the cards in the class feature dies and I don't have many of those, I went with a punch which is from Stampin' Up.  These colors are totally out of my comfort zone, but again was pleased with the card once finished.  It is not very traditional for the holidays as well, but went together easily, so I may make some more of these.


I wish that I had more time to devote to my "homework" as there are so many ideas and techniques given that I want to try.  I hate that the class will be soon over as the videos each day are addictive.  And, seeing what others who take the class create is inspiring in itself.  So many amazing cardmakers out there, and we can learn from their take on class, too!

1 comment:

  1. They are all really lovely! What is really nice is that each one has it's own distinct qualities and stands alone. The colors are all beautiful too! A lot of different designs and colors. Thanks for sharing how you did each one. Love your stitching on the last one too!

    ReplyDelete