Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Online Card Class

Last week Jennifer McGuire and Kristina Werner, along with other instructors, taught another Online Card Class.  This was Clean and Simple Cards 4.  As always, the content of this class was awesome....so many ideas and techniques.  For a change, I have managed to do some homework and not just watch the videos which is what I usually end up doing.

Am afraid that I was not disciplined in my creations and ended up making ones from the latter part of the week rather than the first few days.  It seems that even with all of my craft items, I couldn't come up with what was used for the first part of the week or even find substitutions.  Maybe I will re-visit those videos and try again, now that I have established a little bit of momentum?  Some of the other class participants are very clever in this respect.

Jennifer Rzasa demonstrated a technique called Ink Patterns.  Since I love using Distress Inks, this was right up my alley.  Thus, I made two cards.   On the first one, I made a free hand shadow for the tree and am not sure if I like that element.  Jennifer's stamp set included a shadow.  For the second card I didn't include the shadow, but felt like the scene needed something else to complete it so I added the ribbon.







On Day 6, Julie Ebersole showed us how to make a tri-fold card.  I love this very simple, yet effective look and think it would be a great card for a guy!  




On Day 6 there was also a technique taught by Tasnim, which she called Masked Stripe.  This was another fun getting inky process.  For the main element of my card, I used a Penny Black die, which I also inked with Distress Inks.


So, I am very pleased with myself to do homework AND do a blog post!  Perhaps there is hope for me yet???  Now I just need to get the cards in the homework gallery.....

No comments:

Post a Comment